Learn how to apply online
- Preview our currently available rentals by selecting the Rentals tab > Homes for Rent. Select the properties which appear to meet your home rental needs and drive by the properties so you can determine if you like both the properties and their locations. Under each individual listing, you will use the scheduling link to request an appointment time to view any property on our website. We only allow scheduling through the scheduling app, you need not speak with an agent to schedule an appointment. We never encourage anyone to apply for a home before seeing the inside of any property, as the $40 application fee is non-refundable. Without first touring the home, you truly will not know if it is going to work for you. Applying for a property and paying a $40 non-refundable application fee before viewing it, is completely at your discretion.
- Every person over the age of 18, who is going to live at the property or co-sign must submit a separate application and complete all the application requirements.
- Here are the qualifying factors for approval:
Good/Fair Credit- we will run a credit check once your application package is complete.
- Please note that YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE REVIEWED UNTIL WE HAVE A COMPLETED RENTAL VERIFICATION FORM. This form can be found on our website, under the Tenants Tab > Tenant Resources. We will verify residency with your current OR previous landlord using this form. If you do not have current rental history, we will still need verification from any previous rental history you may have.
- Income Requirement- Generally, we require an applicant's combined gross income to be 3 x's the monthly rent of the home rental unit they are considering.
- SUPPORTING DOCS REQUIRED: please upload or email with your Application the following documents:
- Last 3 month's pay stubs/Last 3 month's bank statements if you are self-employed
- Copy of Valid Govt. Issued ID
- Completed Rental Reference Verification Form (under the Tenants Tab > Tenant Resources.)
- It is easiest to upload all required supporting documents before you submit your application. If you miss this step, you can email them to our Leasing Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please make sure all your emailed documents are in one file/email for easier access. You should title your email as follows: "Full Name-Property Address"
- You may apply online with a checking account or you can bring your completed application package to our office in Olathe with a $40 money order or cashier’s check. We strive to process all complete applications packages within 72 business hours and notify our prospects promptly. THE COMPLETELNESS OF YOUR APPLICATION IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AND WE ONLY SUBMIT COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO PROPERTY OWNERS.
- Upon approval, you will place a holding deposit within 2 business days on the rental unit to hold it until you move in. The minimum holding deposit is equal to 1 month's rent. We require you execute a lease agreement in order for us to remove the unit from the market. Your holding deposit is forfeited in the event you cancel your commitment to a signed lease. We will hold a vacant unit for up to three weeks/21 days.
- Signing a lease: Due to the high demand in the rental market, we ask that you sign your lease within 48 hours of receiving it. If the lease is not signed within 48 hours, your lease may be cancelled and we will have to move on to the next applicant.
- All of the monies you submit during the move-in process must be in the form of a cashier's check or money order. This includes holding deposits, security deposits and the first month's rent. All rent payments after move-in may be made with personal checks or online payments. We always pro-rate first month’s rent (up to the 20th of the month), this pro-ration will be discounted off of your second month's rent. Move-ins which occur after the 20th of the month will be required to pay the pro-rated remaining days in the month as well as full month's rent for the following month.
Ad Astra Realty policy does not permit smoking inside of any of our rentals.
Ad Astra Realty does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age sex, source of income, sexual orientation or any other form of discrimination prohibited by law.
Pets are allowed with additional nonrefundable fee of $325. There will be a base pet rent of $35/mo rent increase for the first pet and an additional $20 for each additional pet. All pets are screened and accepted on a case by case basis, some breed restrictions do apply. Pet rent may vary depending on the size of your animal. We do not accept Pitbulls, American Bullies, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, Mastiffs, Great Danes, or Dobermans.
Ad Astra Realty is raising the property management bar in Johnson County, and Wyandotte County, KS and Jackson/Clay County MO; offering full service property management in the Kansas City areas!