Learn how to apply online
- Preview our currently available rentals by selecting the Rentals tab > Homes for Rent. Select the properties which meet your home rental needs and drive by the properties so you can determine if you like both the properties and their locations. After you have viewed the outside of the properties, contact our office to set up a showing appointment where you will meet an agent who will let you in the home.
- Make sure you qualify for the property which interests you. We generally require an applicant's gross income be three times the monthly rent of the rental unit they are considering. They must have a good rental history with no evictions. Each adult, over the age of 18, who is going to live at the property or co-sign must submit a separate Application.
- Apply online though our online application. Send your supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make your documents are in one file for easier access.
- General Rental Requirements:
- Good/Fair Credit- we will run a credit check once your application package is complete. You must follow the credit request email instructions to complete the credit request and pay the $35 non-refundable application fee though our system.
- Good Rental References- Please provide accurate and complete references in your application to expedite your application. We will verify residency with your current landlord and prior landlord references.
- Income Requirement- Generally, we require an applicant's combined gross income to be 3 x's the monthly rent of the home rental unit they are considering.
- SUPPORTING DOCS REQUIRED: please return with your Application the following documents:
- Last 2 month's pay stubs (or 1099′s/ tax returns if you are self-employed)
- Copy of Valid Govt. Issued ID
- Completed Rental Reference Verification Form (Which can be found on our website, under the Tenants Tab > Tenant Resources.
- You may apply online with a checking account or you can bring your completed application package to our office in Olathe with a $35 money order or cashier’s check. We strive to process all complete applications packages within 48 hours and notify our prospects promptly.
- Upon approval, you may place a holding deposit on the rental unit to hold it until you move in. The minimum holding deposit is equal to 1 month's rent in order to hold the unit and must be received by our office within 48 hours of notification of approval. We require you execute a holding agreement which outlines our commitment to remove the unit from the market and your commitment to rent the unit. Your Holding Deposit is forfeited in the event you cancel your commitment to rent. We will hold a vacant unit for up to three weeks.
- All of the monies you submit during the move-in process must be in the form of a cashier's check or money order. This includes holding deposits, security deposits and the first month's rent. All rent payments after move-in may be made with personal checks or online payments. We always pro-rate first month’s rent (up to the 20th of the month), this pro-ration will be discounted off of your second month's rent. Move-ins which occur after the 20th of the month will be required to pay the pro-rated remaining days in the month as well as full month's rent for the following month. Pro-rations are calculated based on a 30 day calendar month regardless of the number of actual days in the month.
Ad Astra Realty policy does not permit smoking inside of any of our rentals.
Ad Astra Realty does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, marital status, age sex, source of income, sexual orientation or any other form of discrimination prohibited by law.
Ad Astra Realty is raising the property management bar in Johnson County, and Wyandotte County, KS and Jackson/Clay County MO; offering full service property management in the Kansas City areas!